Yerba Mate Tycoon Progress #11
Hello, this is my first post of this type on this page. I wanted to try something new. Here I can show a lot more images, etc.; let’s start :-} To be honest, I don’t have a massive list of changes, but I’m moving forward, so it’s not bad. In the last post, I had said that I got a plan for a “package” system, nothing special, just a visual representation of player products,
We got 12 packages in-game, but a few more will arrive soon, so there will be 20+ packages in the game. I’m aiming at 30+. Maybe more in the future. Also, Right now, packages are shown in yerba review + in yerba creation list (before the list was showing additive, and now it’s showing package), it feels more natural. But except package system, on what I was working?
As of each update, we got new additives: Poleo, Pine shoots, damiana herb, White sage, ginseng, White tea, and few additives got new icons: Maca Root, Cedron, Burrito, Boldo. Right now, in-game, we got over 158 additives. I got special plans for them. Some additives will have unique stats, some will launch events, boost certain stats, etc., but that’s the future. I was also thinking about generating new popular additive. In the new update, the player can set a new popular additive. If we have a huge amount of fans and your yerba will have high rates, we will generate a new popular additive (it will be the additive used in your last yerba). This option also got a time interval (so we won’t spam it).
Hype and marketing will be an important part of the game too. I had added a hype icon to the sales panels (heart), it’s still a placeholder, so I’m not showing it, but soon I will get a normal icon. We will be able to market products in a few ways: cork pads, Information leaflets, yerba samples, web, TV, on other products (drinks). Each of the option will give xx amount of the hype. I also got plans for special events, which will boost the hype. I’m not showing icons because I had ordered the normal one. Right now, I got placeholders.
And of course, new update bring new bugs. I had fixed many bugs. Except for it, many changes have been merged into losing and loan system. We can now lose the game. When we got a negative cash, we can borrow the cash (we got the loan panel activated). And before I had forgotten about monthly loan repay, in new update, this has become implemented. And the game is now calculating the max loan. Is it based on: Number of overdue installments in a given year, number of loans taken in a given year, production of yerba in progress, cash on the downside, created yerba, difficulty level + many more data will come in the future. We also got three banks that can borrow your cash. Some banks will have 100% costs of borrowing cash, some only 35%:-}
About creating the yerba mate, creating yerba cost us cash (before I have forgotten about a few parts of it). We are also getting a small bonus in your start country (when we release a yerba in that country), and releasing yerba in your home country cost us $0. And yerba creation cost is now based on game difficulty. I had also added new texts to the losing panel, and I had also implemented improvements to the company give and take cash.
^ Game Master
What next? I will be finishing the marketing panel. I had also started working on companies panel. It will be simple things at the start, and we will be able to buy/sell companies shares. I got plans for companies fusions (companies will fuse so that it won’t be too easy), but maybe the player will fuse with other companies? And I was thinking about spying other companies (they got some additives we don’t have, etc., so we can steal it). And I was thinking about the sabotage/steal workers system. Then I’m moving toward main game mechanics, more things on calculating yerba sales, and right now, all additives are unlocked on the game start, we should have some research tree and perks. Oh, and I had set up my steam account + I had paid the steam fee, I also got an idea for the trailer, so maybe soon we will have a trailer + steam wish list:-}
We are moving towards the alpha stage, but I need to finish a few things. So many ideas, less and less time, It’s just mostly a solo hobby project, doing it after normal work. So there is a not always time, not always power to move it forward:-} And I’m a bit scary to release alpha, The game right now it’s not near the final release, but that’s why we call it alpha.
And Yep, the alpha/beta stage join form is closed. I got enough users. Any special thoughts about new updates, plans? Maybe I missed something?
And of course, full list of changes:
– I had added many new bugs + I had fixed many bugs :-}
– Changed additive graphics: Maca Root, Cedron, Burrito, Boldo
– New additives: Poleo, Pine shoots, damiana herb, White sage, ginseng, White tea
– Fixes to a special start bonus (start money).
– Fixed a bug with time passing after the game lose.
– From now on, if we have two months of minus cash, we lose the game
– added a text to the game lose system, improvements to the losing system.
– Improvements to the loan system.
– Right now, before losing, the game will show us a loan panel.
– Added max loan calculation, is it based on: Number of overdue installments in a given year, number of loans taken in a given year, production of yerba in progress, cash on the downside, created yerba, difficulty level + many more data will come in the future
– From now on, the cost of monthly maintenance depends on the difficulty level
– From now on, the cost of a country (distribution) for our country of origin is $0 + we have an additional bonus in that country:-}
– From now on, creating a yerba take us cash, and the cost depends on the difficulty level
– The player can now set up a new popular additive (we need to have a million fans) and create an excellent yerba. Then our additive becomes a new popular additive. This can happen 1x in two years.
– Added a yerba package system (icon)
– From now on, instead of the yerba additive icon (in the list of created yerba mates), the yerba package icon is displayed (it seemed more natural to me).
– I had also added the icons of packages to the review system
– Improvements to the system of adding/taking player money.
– Added monthly loan installments (Last time I had forgotten about it).
– Started working on the companies’ system
– Started working on the yerba marketing system (cork pads, Flyer, samples, website campaign, TV campaign, drinks, and other products)